Are you growing tired of throwing away plastic sandwich bags after just a couple of meals? Hate the waste and our “throwaway” mentality? Why not make the move to reusable food pouches and wraps? Try my sandwich wraps or snack bags and use them again and again. Once used, you can either wipe the inside with cleanser or just pop in the wash and use again. There are no nooks and crannies for crumbs to get stuck in!
My snack pouches or bags are made of certified food-safe PUL on the inside and 100% cotton on the outside. There are 3 sizes of bag, which close with an envelope style fold over, quick and easy to use and this will keep the snacks inside cool without worrying. Due to the continuous fabric used, the rear patterns will always be upside down. These are not suitable for liquids.
- The large snack pack measures about 7 inches square, large enough to fit at least 1 round of standard sandwiches in them, possibly up to 3!
- The medium snack pack measures about 5.5 inches x 6.5 inches
- The small snack pack measures about 4.5 inches x 4.5 inches
What is PUL?
I choose to only use ProCare™ Food Safe PUL, which is made in America. PUL is short for Polyurethane Laminate, which is a polyester fabric, with a waterproof coating on it. Its benefits are:
- Super durability: the proven extrusion coating process creates a safe, waterproof barrier that is tested to remain supple and impermeable after more than 300+ washings
- 100% eco-friendly and manufactured with minimum environmental impact
- 100% Free of PFAS & PFOA
- Certified Safe: CPSIA compliant, meeting stringent standards by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission on lead and phthalates and flammability
- It is also certified for food contact and storage per 21 CFR 175.300 and 175.320 is compliant with CPSIA sections 101, 108 and 16 CFR Part 1303 for lead and phthalates and flammability for laminated textiles per 16 CFR Part 1615.
- Wash on medium or low heat
- Tumble dry on low heat, or line dry
- Iron on the cotton side on a low/medium heat. Do NOT iron the PUL side!